(Last modified on Jun 17, 2008 at 12:11:35 PM)
- All you ever wanted to know about the DoJ's Windows cave-in
Not even a slap on the wrist. Appalling.
- An Open Response to Microsoft
- AndGor Toy Company, Inc.
Buy a Personalized Action Figure!
- Answering the Monopoly Apologists
Find out what your name would mean if you happened to be a shallow imitation of humanity with a dark purpose. I could be C.U.R.T.: Cybernetic Unit Responsible for Troubleshooting, or H.A.R.P.O.L.D.: Hydraulic Artificial Replicant Programmed for Observation and Logical Destruction.
- Creature Feature, with Count Gore De Vol
In my college days, I never missed Dick Dyszel as Count Gore De Vol on Saturday nights.
Now, Gore is back!
- Cyberbabe to read the news
Ananova - the first fully-animated newscaster.
- Derek's Virtual Slide Rule Gallery
Working on-line slide rules!
- EW.com Advance Movie Screening Sweepstakes
Win tickets to advance movie screenings.
- Gallery of CSS Descramblers
An inspiring experiment in Free Speech by Dr. David S. Touretzky.
- Geocaching - The Official GPS Cache Hunt Site
- Living Without Microsoft
- Microsoft, the masters of spin, at it again
Sam Buxton's clever miniature fold-out sculptures constructed by acid-etching 150 micron thick stainless steel sheets.
- MS Breakup not nearly enough
A harsh, but honest, opinion.
- Roadside America
My all-time favorite travel book, finally reprinted AND on the web.
- Saving Face: The Recasting of Bill Gates
How dirty Bill Gates' hands are!
- Sharks, Laziness, and Sun's Gateway to Success
Good commentary by Paul Murphy, of LinuxInsider.
- States Discuss New Microsoft Suit - 20 June 2001
History repeats itself. Until something is done about the Evil Empire, it appears they will continue with their monopolistic practices.
- The Graphing Calculator Story
An interesting story of civil disobedience in the computer industry.
- The Hunley Excavation
- The World's First Inflatable Pub
- US vs. Microsoft: Conclusions of Law and Final Order
- US vs. Microsoft: Court's Findings of Fact
- US vs. Microsoft: Full text of Final Judgement
- We can put an end to Word attachments
Article by Richard Stallman.
- What's So Bad About Microsoft?
- Why Does Windows Still Suck?
And why do Windows users put up with it?
- General Information
- Annual Credit Report
Government-sponsored site to access your free annual report.
- Britannica Online
- CIAC Security Website
Department of Energy Computer Incident Advisory Capability site. Good source of information concerning security bulletins, hoaxes, and viruses.
- CPU Info Center
- Cricket Explained (An American Viewpoint)
- Dave's UNIX-Solaris Tips Page
- DSL Reports.com
- Fibre Channel Association
- G.E. Boyd's Everything by Email Page
How to access almost everything by email. Also, how to stop sending HTML and Mime emails.
Find a hotel with high-speed internet access, maybe even wireless.
- How Stuff Works
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- Internet Privacy for Dummies
- Internet Providers
- Internet RFC's
Search RFC's, Standards Definitions, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Internet, and more...
- Internet Talk Radio
- InterNIC Directory and Database Services
A linux environment which can run entirely from CD-ROM.
Answers to questions you're afraid to ask.
- Less Known Solaris Features
Some great tutorials by Joerg Moellenkamp.
- Linux on Laptops
- Listserv Home Page
Find Internet discussion lists by subject, name, host country, sponsoring organization, or description.
- Media Nugget of the Day
- Merrill Lynch Online
Extensive list of modem init strings and error codes.
- MS-HTML: A Nefarious and Despicable Plot
- NCSA Home Page
- Next generation CPU's
- PDS: The Performance Database Server
Lots of benchmark results here
Handy reference to common TCP and UDP ports from Network ICE.
- RISKS Digest
The Forum on Risks to the Public in Computers and Related Systems.
- Robot Wisdom
- SCSI Standards
- Secure Shell FAQ
- Short Words to Explain Relativity
Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity in words of four letters or fewer.
- Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
Home of the SPEC benchmarks.
- Stokely Consulting
Home of Celeste's Solaris 2.x Modem Tutorial.
- Stuff Worth Saving
A very interesting weblog.
- SunOS and Solaris Version History
- The Code of the Geeks
- The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Earth Edition
- The IMAP Connection
- The Kermit Project
Communications software with a consistent approach to character conversion.
- The Solaris Security FAQ
- The Standish Group
Some good market research papers here.
- The UNIX SysAdmin's Rosetta Stone
- Transaction Processing Performance Council
- Unicode Support in Your Browser
- United States Postal Service
Find Postal Rate and Zip+4 Information here.
- UNIX History
- US Internal Revenue Service
- Users Manuals, Users Guides, and Operation Instructions
A collection of Users Manuals for various electronics.
- Virtual Private Network Consortium
- Grid Computing Links
- A malt whisky tour
- Myst Web Page
- Oceania -- The Atlantis Project
- SCUBA and Related Travel
- A Learner's Guide to Closed-Circuit Rebreather Operations
Must-read article by Richard L. Pyle.
- Air Traffic Control System Command Center
Check air traffic delays.
- Airline Seat Guide
Excellent reference for seat pitch and width.
- Airport City Codes
- Alliance of Professional Dive Instructors
- Any Water Sports
Dive store in San Jose, CA. Home of the "Cypress Sea", my favorite dive boat in Monterey.
- Australian Amateur Rebreather Group
Automated Wreck and Obstrucion Information System
- Bainbridge Sportsmens' Club
In Bainbridge, Pennsylvania. My FAVORITE local dive spot.
- Bay Area Underwater Explorers
Some very good Tek diving articles here.
- Black Dolphin
Marc Burgers' Dolphin modifications.
- Blue Water Divers
A PADI Dive Center in Mountain View, CA
- Bob Howell's Rebreather Parts
- Boynton Beach Diving
- Currency Calculator
A guide to cyber cafes all over the world.
- Discover Galapagos
- Dive Planning Software
- Dive Rite
Good Tec Diving gear, and a lot of good tips.
Home of the Mystic Order of Rebreathers.
- Diver Dave's Rebreather Site
- Divers Alert Network
Could save your life some day.
- Diving Rant
Nigel Hewitt's Rants. Recommended reading (especially since I agree with most of it).
- DIY Equipment
Some really good info here.
- Draeger Diving
Leading Drysuit manufacturer.
- Enriched Air Resource
- Extreme Exposure
Technical Diving and Dry Suit Accessories.
- Florida Keys
- Florida SCUBA News
- Foreign Languages for Travelers
- FSU Hot Spots
What's the water temperature?
- Galileo ViewTrip
- Helmet Fetish
Historical Helmet Diving specialists in Sydney, Australia.
- Industrial Supplies
Good source of various small parts.
- Internet Travel Network
- InTouch SmartCards
Global Roaming and Local SIM Cards.
- Juergensen Marine HUD Module
- Karl's Rebreather Page
Karl Kramer's page. Includes the Rebreather Dictionary.
- Kerry McKenzie's Rebreather page
- KISS CCR FAQ
- Lonely Planet Online
- Mike Ball Dive Expeditions
The best dive boats in Australia and Papua, New Guinea.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Seafood Watch Program
Which fish should you avoid, and why?
- Mr. Hazard's Diving Suits Page
Great source of info on Viking, Gates, and Nokia suits.
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters
- Orca Dive Computer
Parts and service for these very popular dive computers.
Patrick Duffy's excellent resource site for O2 analyzer plans and oxygen sensors.
- PADI, International
Interesting tech-diver resource. Several good DIY projects here.
- Radio Locator
Find radio stations (or unused frequencies) near your location.
- Ray Contreras Sales
Ray is a Sales Rep for several SCUBA equipment manufacturers. Lots of good info here.
- Rebreather Articles from Silent Submersion
- Rebreather World
Includes a nifty listing of rebreather-friendly destinations.
- Rebreathers Australia
Makers of the Abyss and Stingray CCR's.
- Rebreathers Worldwide
Rebreather site by Janwillem Bech.
- Reef Ball Development Group, Ltd.
Making safe and affordable artificial reefs.
- Reef Club Cozumel
The location of my annual winter SCUBA trip. Join us for the next one in February 2009.
- Rich Kazeta's Crappy Dive Site List
At least they're (mostly) cheap.
- Ron McJan's Rebreather Page
- SCUBA Cylinder Specification Chart
From Huron Scuba in Ann Arbor, MI.
- SCUBA Equipment Manufacturers
A wealth of SCUBA information in one well-organized site.
- scubageek.com - science that's all wet!
- Sea Hunt
- SEA OOC
Office of the Director of Ocean Engineering, Supervisor of Salvage and Diving, USN. Source of excellent publications, including the US Navy Diving Manual.
- Signature Vacations
Lots of good travel information here.
- Skin Diver Magazine Online
- South Florida Dive Journal
- Splash Dive Center
Your PADI Dive Center in Alexandria, VA.
- Stupid Diver Tricks
- Subsea Systems
Jason McHattan's excellent PO2 Displays.
- Technical Diving International
German site for Technical diving and rebreather diving. Features some hard-to-find parts.
- The Air Courier Association
- The complete Caribbean scuba diving guide
- The Currency Site
From Olsen and Associates. Lots of Foreign Exchange info, including a nifty traveller's cheat sheet.
- The Marine Biological Laboratory
- The Oxygen Hacker's Companion
- The Rebreather Site
- The Scuba Club
Great little PADI Dive Center in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- The Waterfront
- Timothy Ewing's SCUBA Page
Includes Monterey Bay diving conditions.
- Travel Tools
A collection of travel-related web sites.
Has a neat java applet to track flights.
- Vintage SCUBA Supply
Need hoses for Two-hose regulators? You might be able to find them here.
- Virginia Quarries
Featuring our own Millbrook Quarry.
- Wet Fun
- XM Satellite Radio
- HPC Links
- Java Links
- Library Resources
- Macintosh-Newton Links
- Accelerate Your Macintosh!
- Adaptec Support
Good source of tips on Adaptec's Toast.
- AGE Logic
Makers of xoftware X display server for Macintosh.
- Airport Base Station Repairs
- Alessandro Sandrucci's Newton Software
Includes DiveComp and Gravity (for home brewing).
- Apple FTP Servers - New Files
- Apple Spec Database
Specifications for every machine Apple has ever shipped.
Lots of AppleScript stuff, including Apple Data Detectors.
- Base Station Rescue
Offer to fix burned-out Apple AirPort Base Stations.
- Coda Music Technology
Home of Finale. Also runs on Windows, but who cares?
Dedicated to the Macintosh G4 Cube.
- Dave Watson's Newton Repair Page
Lot's of info and tips for members of .mac
- Eugene's Newton Resources
- Exploring Leopard with DTrace
- Fink Project
Unix software for your Mac.
- Francois Pottier
Home of Big Brother and Decor.
- Geek Culture
Featuring the Joy of Tech cartoon.
- Getting OS X going
Lots of useful tips here.
- Getting Started with Mac OS X
- GPSy - A Macintosh GPS Program
- Griffin CubePort Adapter
Adds a serial port to G4 Cube.
- Griffman's OS X Collection
Some really useful documents here.
- Heat Utilities
Free FireWire Hard Disk drivers.
- Home Page of Gamba
Need OLD Mac Software? Check out this site.
- Icon Factory
- IconLand Mac Icon Directory
- INFO-MAC HyperArchive
- Insider Software, Inc.
Home of UpdateAgent and FontAgent.
Makers of MacinTax and Quicken.
Makers of Art-Scan Pro (replacement scanner driver).
- Jimmy Hong Ning's Newton Page
Home of Sky Guide, a Pocket Astronomy application for Newton.
- La Cie Limited
- Mac Boot Key Combos
- Mac DSL Center
Courtesy of Covad, Macworld, and Netopia.
- Mac Icon Gallery
- Mac OS Up-To-Date
- Mac OS X Apps
- Mac OS X Packages
Marc Liyanage's archive of ported apps.
- Mac OS X Ports
Popular unix apps ported to Darwin.
- Mac OS X with Verizon Cell Phones
- Mac Serial Number Decoder Ring
Guide to used Mac prices.
O'Reilly's site with lots of useful info for Mac software developers.
Macintosh news updated every five minutes.
Useful tutorials and tips.
- Macintosh News Network
Russian resorces for Macintosh.
- MacLaunch - The Macintosh Portal
- MacOS X User's Guide
Lots of good tutorials here.
- Macscripter.net AppleScript Studio page
Useful info for AppleScript Studio users.
- Magical Macintosh Key Sequences
- Mapper for Newton
- MCE Technologies
Storage and PowerBook products. They also have some nifty deals on internal drive upgrades for the iBook.
- Morkovkin's Guide to Cyrillic on Mac OS X
- Newton Books of the Internet Movie Database
- Newton Classifieds
- Newton Connections
Connection software, including Newton Press.
- Newton Currency Converter Updater
- Newton Ethernet Information
- Newton Gallery
- Newton Reference
- Newton Software by Thorsten Lange
- Newton Versions
- Newton's Prism
- Newton, Inc.
- NewtonLink for Unix
- Newtware PDQ - Hacking Newton Hardware
A big collection of Newton-related links.
Popular unix software packaged and ready to go for Mac OS X.
Rootless XFree86 with XDarwin for Mac OS X.
MacOS X How-Tos, Tips, Reviews, Software, and Discussion.
- Personal Librarian
Great library management app for Mac.
- Project: Omega
Tips and Tutorials for Mac OS X developers.
- QuickTime Movies
Todd Bangerter's collection of interesting QuickTime movies.
- Robert Lentz's Macintosh Resources
- Russification of Macintosh
Includes keyboard scripts for OS X.
- Search Standard
Good source for Macintosh plug-ins, including Sherlock files.
- Second Glance Software
Home of the ScanTastic scanner driver.
- SecureMac.com - Security for the Mac Platform
- Smart Dog Software
Home of BackTalk communications software.
- Starband and Macintosh
- StealthSignal - Laptop Security and Protection
- Steve Weyer's Home Page
Home of the Newt's Cape browser.
- The Gadgeteer
Reviews of nifty new gadgets.
- The Macintosh Software Catalog
- The Multilingual Mac
- The Newted Community
- The Newton Cage
A collection of hard-to-find and discontinued Newton software.
- The Roundtable Newton Archives
- This Old Newt
- Toys from Freeverse
Home of Jared (Butcher of Songs) and the Virtual-Reality Stapler!
- Version Tracker
Wincent Colaiuta's excellent Macintosh site. Don't miss his "Web Developer's Intro to Mac OS X".
- XFree86 on Darwin
A source for icons designed especially for MacOS X.
The XonX project at sourceforge.net.
- Your Mac Life
Weekly internet radio show.
- Miscellaneous Sites
- My Friends
- Net Shopping
- A Clue - to Internet Commerce
Dana Blankenhorn's well written columns on e-commerce.
- Advanced Book Exchange
The premiere internet book shopping site. And it all runs on Sun.
- American Express Private Payments
- American Science & Surplus
- Archie McPhee
One of my favorite stores in the world!
Java-based used car shopping site.
Search for used and rare books.
- Black Box On-Line Catalog
- Cafe Press
- Catalog Mart
Receive any of more than 10,000 free catalogs.
- Compact Disc Connection
Research similar items. Make side-by-side feature comparisons.
- Computer Literacy Bookshops
- Current Codes
Coupon Codes, Promotional Codes, and Discounts.
- CyberCash, Inc.
Weak. So far, only supports MS-Windows and Macintosh clients.
News on Macintosh prices.
- Deals and Sales
- DigiCash ecash
Ecash has a Unix client, now able to work across firewalls.
- Edmund Scientific
- Evergreen Internet
Home of Lifestyles condoms.
- Faye's Mermaids
Order a meal, for pick-up or delivery (was CyberMeals).
Good source for rare earth magnets
- Francesco Sirene, Spicer
A great source for hard-to-find spices.
- Hot Hot Hot!
Get your Chilihead fix online!
- House of Musical Traditions
Folk music/instrument store in Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Internet Book Shop
Claims to be the largest online book shop in the world.
- Internet Shopping Network
- Isomorphic Records
Some truly strange stuff to be had here.
- Kelley Blue Book
Shopping for a car? Blue Books are online here.
- Make Us An Offer
Coupon Codes and Discounts for on-line stores.
- Navtech GPS Store
- Olde Westport Spice Company
Make restaurant reservations on-line.
- Penn Camera
- Practice Pay Solutions
Easy way to get a merchant account and accept credit cards online.
- Records by Mail
Craig Moerer's used and rare vinyl record shop.
- RV Classified
Recreational Vehicles for sale, includings boats, cars, and airplanes.
- Shopping Agents
- The MacTracker
Find the best value deal on the Mac model you want.
- Tom James Company
My personal tailor - could be yours!
- Universal Studios Hollywood Backlot Store
- Vintage Direct - Nick's Wine Merchants
Wine merchant in Melbourne, Australia - excellent selection.
- Walnut Creek CDROM
- Wells Fargo
- World Merchants
Spice, Herb, and Tea House in Seattle.
- Palm Resources
- Search Engines
- Software Archives
- Weather and Maps
- Web Tools
- Wireless Internet
This hotlist was created by Loom, v1.13.1